Proverbs 15:4 (AMP) 4 A gentle tongue [with its healing power] is a tree of life, but willful contrariness in it breaks down the spirit.
There are times where we cannot seem to get our words right. It is important not only to focus on the words we should not say, but also the things we should say. Here’s some things that can help us to be better in the area of our words.
- Bless everything you can with your mouth. Our words need faith behind them so they are not just empty words. We do have power to take authority over the Devil but we must believe that.
- We also need to not only be thankful for things but we need to say so with our mouth that we are thankful for the blessings in our lives. Our life and outlook on life could change tremendously if we started to be thankful for the things we have in life rather than complaining about what we do not have in life. If circumstances are bad, be thankful that God is working in those circumstances.
- We can encourage and lift people up with our words. If we don’t encourage others, they may feel discouragement. If you feel prompted to compliment someone, then do it – don’t just think about it. Think about how it makes you feel when you are complimented and people notice your good qualities. It doesn’t take much to speak kind words to someone. We can bless relationships if we start to speak kindly to those we are in relationship with. You can heal a relationship with the right words.
- It is important that we are truthful with our words. Being truthful will set you free. We have to be committed to being truthful. We can speak the truth with love and in a way that is non-judgmental. Lies are not blessed, but the truth is.
- We can speak the Word of God over our lives – no matter what our circumstances are. When we do so we realize that God is control over our situation. God wants us to understand that our lives are in His hands rather than our own. So even when things are down, we can speak as if they are up. Believe God and we will receive amazing things in life. It’s time we start having faith and speaking faith over our lives.
- Just as we need to speak positive things in our lives we need to know when to keep our mouths closed and speak when we are led to speak.It is time to get our words lined up with what is good and fruitful for our lives. We can change the way we speak ~ it may take a little time, but it is definitely possible. When you change your words to positive words over your life ~ little by little you will see your life change in a positive way.
Ephesians 4:15 (AMP) 15 Rather, let our lives lovingly [a]express truth [in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly]. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him Who is the Head, [even] Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
If you would like to accept Jesus as your savior, and you are not quite sure how, it is as simple as saying a prayer to God letting Him know you are ready to accept Him into your life. Say this prayer if you would like to invite Jesus to live in your heart:
Father God, I love you and believe in you. I need you Lord and I am sorry for my sins and the way that I live. Lord, I want you in my life. I receive Jesus as my savior and Lord. I believe that Jesus died for me and rose from the dead. Lord take me as I am and make me the way you want me to be. God, thank you for saving me and being with me on my journey. I am looking forward to my journey with you Lord. I know you will equip me for my journey and I am glad I have you by my side as I walk this walk of Life. Thank you Lord, I love you. Amen